Package giving off noxious fumes removed from Eastwood Post Office

Regional

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Two people were taken to the hospital after a package started giving off a noxious gas at the Eastwood Post Office on Monday morning. The incident happened around 11 a.m. at the James Street location. 

Two postal workers and one customer had some difficulty breathing, and two of them went to the hospital as a precaution. The package was later identified as a non-hazardous pet urine neutralizer.

The James Street post office will be closed for the remainder of Monday, but will open for normal hours on Tuesday. Patrons in need of postal services can visit the Teall Ave. location.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

41
Days
16
Hours
30
Minutes
06
Seconds

Mobile Apps DMB_1503428499636.png

Trending Now