Pop star Rachel Platten is the latest artist making an appearance at Chevy Court at the Great New York State Fair.
Platten will share the stage with A Great Big World at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 3, Acting Fair Director Troy Waffner announced Friday.
“This promises to be a great day of pop music and fans of well-written, heartfelt songs should circle this date on their calendars. This is a terrific addition to the best lineup in Chevy Court’s history,” said Waffner.
The Boston native became well-known for her popular 2015 single “Fight Song” followed by “Stand By You,” which also hit the charts.
She also earned a Daytime Emmy for her performance of “Fight Song” on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and a “Best Lyrics” award from the iHeartRadio music awards.
A Great Big World is Ian Axel and Chad King, whose breakout song, “This Is The New Year,” was featured in an episode of “Glee.” Their next single, “Say Something,” became a worldwide hit after it was re-recorded with Christina Aguilera and performed on “The Voice”
Performances previously announced for Chevy Court include:
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Aug. 25 at 2 p.m.
- Kesha, Aug. 25 at 8 p.m.
- Toto, Aug. 26 at 8 p.m.
- MAGIC!, Aug. 27 at 2 p.m.
- Air Supply, Aug. 28 at 2 p.m.
- Bruce Hornsby and The Noisemakers, Aug. 28 at 8 p.m.
- Herman’s Hermits, Aug. 29 at 2 p.m.
- Brian Wilson’s “Pet Sounds” 50th anniversary tour with Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m.
- Survivor, Aug. 30 at 2 p.m.
- The Commodores, Aug. 30 at 8 p.m.
- Macy Gray, Aug. 31 at 2 p.m.
- Three Days Grace, Aug. 31 at 8 p.m.
- Flo Rida, Sept. 1 at 8 p.m.
- A Tribe Called Red, Sept. 2 at 2 p.m.
- Culture Club, Sept. 2 at 8 p.m.
- X Ambassadors, Sept. 3, 2 p.m.
- Chicago, Sept. 5 at 6 p.m.