CANADA (WIVB) — On Tuesday, Canadian border guards and customs officials voted to go on strike, just days before fully vaccinated Americans can cross into Canada, according to Reuters.
The union for the Canadian border guards says a strike would slow down commercial traffic at the land border, and it could also impact mail.
A spokesperson for the Canada Border Services Agency says 90 percent of the border guards are designated essential, and will continue to work in the event of a strike.
The strike is only on the Canadian side of the border.
- One dead after motorcycle collides with dump truck
- Strange radio waves emitted from Milky Way’s core stump astronomers
- DOJ settles with families of 9 killed in racist attack at SC church
- Man suspected of taking part in Rwandan genocide forced to leave US after living in Buffalo
- Sec. of Agriculture: Every Spotted Lanternfly egg mass not destroyed is ’50 more’ next spring