Structure fire in Elmira

News

The heat is real and tonight first responders rushed to the intersections of William and East Fifth Street, where just before 6 p.m. scanners went off reporting a structure fire in Elmira.

Smoke filled the air, water flooded the street, and embers lay on the ground. The structure victim, I.D Booth .

I.D. Booth and Booth Electric Supply  has been in business for over a century. 

Tonight, two employees were inside,they smelled smoke, called 911 and got out in time.

A part of the warehouse that houses hoses, tin- ware, and pumps went up in flames.

The fire department says it was a tough one to put out.

“The problem is, it’s a metal building, so you know that metal keeps the water out and keeps the heat in, yea so, its kinda like an oven in there, so everything got caught” says Deputy Chief Dan Sincock.

While everything inside of this structure,is a complete lost, not all hope is lost.

There was just a bit of smoke damage, but all should be fine and well. Owners and employees of the company say, its sad to see this happen, but it could have been so much worse.

Stuff is easy to replace, but lives aren’t.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mobile Apps DMB_1503428499636.png

Trending Now