The Southern Tier is set to receive over $36 million. The money will be used for various road and bridge projects around the region.
The infrastructure projects will complement “Southern Tier Soaring,” the region’s $3.1 billion investment to support economic and community growth.
The project investments include:
- $24.1 million to repair nearly six miles of pavement on Interstate 86 between exits 46 and 48 in the town of Corning, Steuben County.
- $5.2 million to paint steel girders, replace bearings and do general maintenance repairs on bridges located in Allegany, Steuben, Chemung, Schuyler, and Yates counties.
- $3.8 million to rehabilitate the bridge carrying Route 14 over the Chemung River in the city of Elmira, Chemung County.
- $2.1 million to replace the bridge carrying Route 14A over Big Stream in the village of Dundee, Yates County.
- $800,000 to seal various bridge decks along I-86 in Allegany County.