Hanover Square fire accidental, caused by grease pan

Top Stories

UPDATE: Horseheads Village Fire Chief Art Sullivan said the cause of the fire was accidental and there were no injuries. A grease pan that was left on the stove caught fire, and it spread quickly throughout the kitchen. Sullivan said the kitchen will have to be rebuilt. The fire was contained to Julianna’s Brickwood BBQ and an adjacent barbershop.

HORSEHEADS, N.Y. (WETM) – The Horseheads Fire Department is responding to a reported fire at a local business in Hanover Square.

It’s currently unclear which business was the main source of concern, but firefighters were set up behind Jake’s Saloon and Julianna’s Brickwood BBQ on the 100 block of W. Franklin Street.

This is a developing story and 18 News will have more information as it becomes available.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

If you have a news tip or a correction to the story you can email it to us through this link. If you would like to send a comment to the author of the story, you can find their email on our Meet the Team page.

Trending Now