ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Ithaca Mayor Svante Myrick sent a tweet out on Monday morning where he said that the officer directly involved in a recent investigation was fired.
This comes after a report revealing a failure to fully investigate nearly a decade’s worth of reported crimes, including reported sex offenses, was released last week.
The name of the officer involved has not yet been released.
- Schuyler County reports its first COVID-19 deaths
- Court says Epstein’s ex-girlfriend’s testimony can be public
- NY faces hot spots, rising infection in surrounding states
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9