TOWN OF HORNBY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Steuben County man was arrested on Tuesday, Oct. 17, after members of Troop E, Violent Gangs and Narcotics Enforcement Team (VGNET) accuse him of possessing multiple illegal guns and crystal meth after a search warrant was executed.
24-year-old Ian F. Travis was arrested and is facing multiple felonies following a search warrant executed at 3865 State Route 414 in the Town of Hornby in Steuben County.
During the execution of the warrant, NYS Troopers seized the following items from Travis’ house:
- Approximately 1.5 ounces of crystal methamphetamine, packaging materials, digital scales
- Two illegally possessed handguns
- One with a 24-round high capacity magazine
- One assault-style 12 gauge shotgun
- One .223 assault-style rifle
- Two other shotguns
- Two deer hunting rifles
- Several high capacity magazines and a large quantity of ammunition
Travis was arrested and charged with the following:
- One count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd (B Felony)
- Four counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd (D Felony)
- Two counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th (A Misdemeanor)
- One count of Criminal Use of Drug Paraphernalia 2nd (A Misdemeanor)
Travis was then taken to the Steuben County Jail for CAP arraignment.
The Elmira Police Department Drug Enforcement Unit and the Corning Police Department assisted Troop E VGNET in this investigation.