Keep WETM TV

UPDATE: Jasper fire started by vehicle gas tank

News
Jasper Fire

UPDATE: The Jasper Fire Department tells 18 News that the fire started while the resident was working on the gas tank of a vehicle and a spark ignited the tank.

Both the garage and the house were burned down, but the resident did have insurance.

————————————————————————————–

A viewer sent 18 News video of a house fire around 5 p.m. in the Steuben County Town of Jasper, on Monday night.

John Werner, who is a neighbor, said the garage and house burned down. There have been no reports of any injuries.

According to Werner, “The fire truck became engulfed in smoke from the high winds. I don’t know if they were able to get any water on it from that engine. Other engines finally arrived to assist.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.