ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
- Regional Forecast – Finger Lakes (04/23/2021)
- One dead after helicopter crash in Wyoming County
- Athens man charged with stabbing woman in the neck, claimed it was an accident
- Allergic to the COVID vaccine? There’s hope on the horizon, Dr. Fauci says
- COVID poses added risks to pregnant women, study says