The Pokini Family from Maui has grown the world’s heaviest avocado. Their prize produce earned a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records. The record-breaking avocado weighed in at 5.6 pounds.
Juliane Pokini says they received the seed from a relative’s tree on Oahu. It took the Pokini’s about 10 months for the avocado to get this big. The family harvested the gigantic avocado in December and that’s when they submitted it to the Guinness Book of World Records.
Pokini says this may not be the last time we’ll see one of their avocados in the record books. The family is monitoring their avocado tree for other potential winners. If you’re wondering what the Pokini’s did with the winning avocado, they used it to make a huge batch of guacamole, enough to serve about 20 people.
- Elmira Police respond to rollover vehicle accident
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- ‘He hasn’t shown any interest in doing the work’ — Obama denounces Trump on campaign trail
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets