Prime Day is a shopping event that often rivals major sales like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. We’ve already seen discounts of up to 50% on home goods, appliances, and electronics. Still, many are unaware of this Amazon hack that lets you stack deals to get an additional 20% off select items.
If you’re shopping for the best Prime Day deals, use this hack whenever possible to maximize your savings.
How the hack works
Amazon offers a “Stock Up and Save” program that gives Prime customers a 20% discount when buying certain household essentials. The deal maxes out at $100 off, an incredible amount of money to save on the essentials you use most. Usually, you’d need to spend $50 to unlock this discount. However, you only need to spend $30 to unlock it during Prime Day.
Thrifty shoppers can double down on this discount by using it on items that are already on sale for Prime Day. For example, if you purchased over $30 worth of these Mama Bear diapers on sale for 15% off, you’d get an additional 20% off, adding up to a 35% discount.
Additional information on the Stock Up and Save program
- You must be a Prime member: The additional 20% off is only available to Prime members. If you don’t have Prime currently, it’s worth checking to see if you qualify for a free trial. You can determine whether you qualify by checking Amazon’s Prime page.
- It’s applied automatically: There are no extra steps to get the 20% off. Simply add $30 worth of eligible items to your cart, and you’ll see the discount appear.
- It’s only available for Amazon-branded essentials: The Stock Up and Save program isn’t going to save you 20% on a new Nintendo Switch or laptop. This deal is reserved for items Amazon considers essential. This includes many pet, baby, kitchen and bathroom products.
Stack your savings on these everyday essentials
The hack is easy to use, but finding eligible products can be tricky. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite eligible products to make things easier.
- These Amazon Basics Trash Bags are 36% off for Prime Day.
- These gallon food storage bags are 20% off for Prime Day and have an easy-to-use slider, which means you won’t have to worry about them opening after you’ve sealed them.
- Presto! Dish Soap is 32% off during the sales event.
- Amazon Basics Flushable Toilet Wipes are entirely biodegradable. You can buy them for 33% off during Prime Day.
- Kitzy Wet Cat Food is currently 15% off.
- These Wag Expedition Organic Dog Biscuits are made with bananas and coconut. They’re currently available at a 41% discount.
- You can get the Amazon Basics Flea, Tick and Mosquito Topical Treatment for 25% off.
- These Wonderbound Dog Dental Sticks are 36% off.
- Mama Bear Electrolyte Powder Packets are 15% off.
- These baby wipes are hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. You can buy them for 15% off during Prime Day.
- This Mama Bear Wide-Neck Baby Bottle is 15% off for Prime Day.
- Amazon Basics Baby Lotion is 39% off.
Health and wellness products
- Avoid sunburn with this sunscreen lotion at 15% off.
- The Amazon Basics Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is 11% off.
- Amazon Basics Overnight Maxi Pads are 15% off.
- It’s always good to have ibuprofen on hand. You can get it at a 5% discount during Prime Day.
Check out Prime Day deals here and be sure to bookmark this page to shop smart and stay in the loop on the best genius gadget discounts of the Prime Day sale.
Visit our Prime Day sale hub for more deals.
Want to shop the best products at the best prices? Check out Daily Deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Cody Stewart writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2023 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.