ELMIRA, NY (WETM) – The 24th Dr. Coleman’s Political Pundit Night was held on August 26th. The event has been officially recognized in a City of Elmira Proclamation by Elmira Mayor Dan Mandell that declares August 26th as Dr. Stephen Coleman Political Pundit Night in Elmira.
The event featured two back-to-back panels of the best political analysts and commentators in the Twin Tiers. These experts graded President Joe Biden and evaluated his performance, from Afghanistan the COVID pandemic, the economy, the border crisis, to the epidemic of crime and violence sweeping across America.
Political Pundit Night is the only public affairs event in the Twin Tiers that consistently highlights the views of local and regional voices on the issues of the day. The series has attracted thousands in the Twin Tiers and beyond.
Participants for the 24th Political Pundit Night included:
- Georgia Verdier – Elmira-Corning NAACP President
- Dan Mandell – Elmira Mayor
- Tom Santulli – Former Chemung County Executive
- Rodney Strange – Chemung County Legislator and Majority Leader
- Nick Weinstein – GOP strategist
- Ken Miller – Former Chemung County Legislator, local business leader
- RC Ike – Real estate professional
- Deborah Lynch – Political activist, and member of the NYS Democratic Committee
- Reverend Nathaniel Wright – Pastor of the Calvary Baptist Church in Ithaca
- Ruth Young – Progressive and environmental activist
- Dr. Denis Kingsley – Cornell University Ph.D, veteran political analyst and commentator
Pastor Lorri Thornton of the Friendship Baptist Church in Corning will give the invocation and benediction.
The 25th Political Pundit Night will take place on October 28th.