GEDDES, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Governor Andrew Cuomo has said from the beginning that he’s wanted to invest in Upstate New York and on Monday, he called the fair a key contributor. Cuomo said it’s a celebration of the state: When the fair does well, the state does well. And this year, no surprise, we broke yet another record.
It’s the fourth year in a row of record-breaking attendance. With people representing 28 states and six 6 European countries, the New York State Fair is the third most attended fair in the U.S. This year, it was the Williams family who shattered the record and Cuomo is raising the bar for fairs to come.
“Once again, this year has exceeded expectations and it’s going to break last year’s record. 1.33 (million) but the day is not over, so congratulations”
The Governor also said the Fair brings in $100 million in economic activity. And despite the wet weather on Monday, thousands are still filling the fairgrounds.
You can watch Cuomo make the announcement below:
More from NewsChannel 9:
- EPA approves 2 Lysol products as first disinfectants that kill COVID-19
- Penn Stater Calvin Booth officially named Denver Nuggets general manager
- 3 more states added to New York coronavirus travel advisory, incoming travelers to self-quarantine
- Albany County Legislature looks to youth programs to curb summer violence
- Mary Trump’s book offers scathing portrayal of president