ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) School might be the last things on your child’s mind, but for parents now could be a great time to start, and a group of businesses and organizations are getting started.
Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield is teaming up with local businesses and organizations for its fifth annual Back to School Drive.
Right now they are asking for school supply donations until August 12. Then on August 21st and 23rd, they will hand out backpacks with supplies to children.
Donations can be made at the following locations:
- Catholic Charities’ Offices (215 E Church St, Elmira or 105 9th St, Unit 20, Watkins Glen
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Horseheads
- Community Arts of Elmira
- Ferrario Ford, Horseheads
- Five Star Bank, Elmira/Heights
- Libraries in Chemung County
- Mr. Panosian’s Famous Shoes, Elmira
- Parmenter Tire, Auto & Truck Service, Horseheads
- SPCA, Elmira
- The Purple Iris Boutique, Horseheads
- Treu Office Supply & Furniture, Elmira
- Famous Brands, Watkins Glen
- Parmenter Tire, Auto & Truck Service, Odessa & Montour Falls
- Quinlan’s Pharmacy, Montour Falls
- Schuyler Outreach Food Pantry
- The Hi-Lites, Watkins Glen
- Visions FCU, Watkins Glen
- Watkins Glen Public Library
Backpacks filled with supplies will be handed out on August 21 and Schuyler Outreach (located: 112 10th St, Watkins Glen) and then on August 29 at the Elmira Community Kitchen (located: 160 High St, Elmira). Both drives will happen from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Parents must register to receive a backpack by calling (607) 734-9784 ext. 2133. The deadline to register is August 14.