(FARS News) — In a unanimous vote, the Iranian parliament has passed a bill that will designate the Pentagon and U.S. military as “terrorist organizations” on Tuesday.
This decision comes days after U.S. armed forces carried out a drone strike near the Baghdad International Airport, killing General Qassem Soleimani. You can read more about that attack here.
The bill also calls for the Iranian government to provide $220 million to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). The funds will be used to “reinforce its defense power in vengeance for General Soleimani’s assassination,” according to Iranian state media.
The U.S. declared the IRGC as a foreign terrorist organization back in Apr. 2018.
- Tim Tebow sends special birthday message to 105-year-old Mississippi woman
- Cuomo down but not out as new poll fuels governor race speculation
- First Responder Appreciation: Chris and Steve Jordan, Brooktondale Fire and Cornell University
- Marijuana advocates, state leaders to participate in march to legalize cannabis
- Marijuana activists giving free joints to vaccinated New Yorkers in Union Square on 4/20