SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Veterans Day is observed on November 11, because that was the date of the Armistice in World War I, bringing the fighting in the bloody war to a close. Since then Armistice Day in the U.S. has evolved into a day where we honor the men and women who have served in our armed forces in war and peace.
America’s veterans became national leaders, gave shape to the communities of Central New York, and helped fuel an economic boom.
- Funding available for Elmira small businesses with COVID-19 expenses
- SUNY Corning Community College spring semester starts Feb. 1
- New Year’s gym resolution fatigue? One local gym has a solution
- Catching up with Cameron Brate ahead of playoff matchup with Saints
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College