The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued the following weather alert:
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 1 PM THURSDAY…
- WHAT…Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations
of up to one inch and ice accumulations of around one tenth of
- WHERE…In New York, Yates, Steuben, Schuyler, Chemung and
Tioga counties. In Pennsylvania, Bradford, Susquehanna,
Wyoming, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Pike and Southern Wayne counties.
- WHEN…From 3 AM to 1 PM EST Thursday.
- IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning commute.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Temperatures are expected to remain above
freezing in the Wyoming Valley in Northeastern Pennsylvania,
limiting impacts in the Scranton and Wilkes-Barre areas, outside
of the surrounding higher terrain. Elsewhere, precipitation
types will be highly variable depending on location and
Slow down and use caution while traveling. The latest road conditions can be found at 511ny.org or 511pa.com, or dial 5-1-1.
The National Weather Service in State College has issued the following weather alert:
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 1 PM THURSDAY…
- WHAT…Freezing rain expected. Total ice accumulations of a
- WHERE…Tioga, Northern Lycoming and Sullivan Counties.
- WHEN…From 1 AM to 1 PM EST Thursday.
- IMPACTS…Very slippery sidewalks, roads and bridges are
possible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania
Turnpike Commission remind motorists to expect slippery
conditions as freezing rain impacts the area.
Call 5 1 1 or visit www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadway
and traffic conditions.
To report snow or ice, post to the NWS State College Facebook
page, use Twitter @NWSStateCollege, or visit weather.gov/ctp.