The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued the following weather alerts:
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 10 PM SATURDAY…
- WHAT…Snow and some mixed precipitation expected. Total snow
accumulations of 2 to 4 inches and ice accumulations of a light
glaze expected. Southeast winds gusting as high as 35 mph will
create areas of blowing and drifting snow.
- WHERE…In Pennsylvania, Bradford county. In New York, Yates,
Steuben, Schuyler and Chemung counties.
- WHEN…Steady snow quickly develops mid to late morning Saturday
and continues through the afternoon hours. Some sleet could mix
in during the afternoon. The snow tapers off to snow showers,
light sleet and patchy freezing drizzle Saturday evening.
- IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. Areas of blowing
snow could significantly reduce visibility.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snowfall rates could briefly be around 1
inch per hour late morning or midday Saturday. Temperatures will
be in the upper 10s to 20s on Saturday, rising into the lower
30s by evening.
Slow down and use caution while traveling. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission remind motorist to adjust speeds based on driving conditions as winter weather impacts Pennsylvania roadways. Visit www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadways, and traffic conditions.
The National Weather Service in State College has issued the following weather alerts:
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 9 PM SATURDAY…
- WHAT…Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 5
- WHERE…Portions of central Pennsylvania.
- WHEN…From 7 AM to 9 PM EST Saturday.
- IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow will come down hard at times. While
some mixed precipitation could occur late, most of the
precipitation will be in the form of snow.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission remind motorists to adjust speeds based on driving conditions as winter weather impacts will include snow covered roads and limited visibility. Call 5 1 1 or visit www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadway and traffic conditions. To report snow or ice, post to the NWS State College Facebook page, use Twitter @NWSStateCollege, or visit weather.gov/ctp.